If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where I Might Collect Information:
- Online selling platforms/websites e.g. Indigo Star website, Etsy, Folksy, Amazon etc.
- Social media e.g. Facebook, Instagram e.g. if you follow my pages or engage with them.
- Physical shops e.g. if you request a custom order and give permission for the shop to pass on your details to me. Or if you order through a shop website.
- Craft fairs and events e.g. if you request a custom order or any other follow up information
- Booking forms either paper, electronic or online.
- Online course platforms/websites such as Membervault.
- By email or phone if you contact me with queries etc.
- Indigo Star mailing list.
Information I Collect
- To fulfil orders, you must provide information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
- To book workshops you must provide information such as your name, postal address, payment information and workshop details along with any medical details that may need special consideration or impact on the design or delivery of the workshop.
- To keep you informed – if you ask me to contact you to keep you up to date with what we are doing e.g. product updates, craft fairs, workshops I will add you to my mailing list which you can opt out of at any time.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- To provide my services e.g. to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support
- To provide information on my products and services such as if you sign up to my mailing list (from which you may opt out of at any time)
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim e.g. in cases of criminal activity.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information is shared for limited reasons and in limited circumstances such as:
- Service providers – I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services for my shops, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers – if I sell or merge our business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws – I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These are described below:
Access – You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete – You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information.
Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) – I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object – You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain – If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Liz Melling, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at:
3 Lime Tree Square, Shipley BD18 4BR
Policy created July 2018
Policy last updated: August 2021