Focus & Flourish:
Mindful Art for ADHD Female Entrepreneurs
Reduce stress and calm your busy mind by using the arts as a tool for mindfulness and self-care.
Engaging in self-care can be challenging for many of us with ADHD, and the struggle to remember or initiate self-care practices is common. Despite the wealth of information available on the subject, the sheer volume of it can be overwhelming, making it difficult to determine where to begin. Mindfulness in particular may seem foreign and unattainable for people with ADHD, as our minds are in constant motion, making the concept of taking a break and doing nothing almost painful.
Focus and Flourish aims to provide a starting point for mindful practice, with sparks of creativity to get you moving forward. The programme uses simple mindfulness techniques that are tweaked into arts-based activities that engage and connect the mind and body. We look at purpose, intention, and ways to be fully focused on the present moment. This provides a much-needed break from our busy conscious minds, and allows our subconscious to come to the surface and express itself freely. We encourage participants to discuss their challenges around mindfulness, and work together to make adaptions and variations to suit personal needs. There is no ‘right or wrong’ in this programme – I simply invite you to come along and play with the concepts and see what works for you. By having an open mind and making adaptations, you can create a mindfulness toolkit that is tailored to you!
The programme runs for 8 weeks and uses arts-based activities to:
- Connect with the breath and tune into the body.
- Tap into the unconscious mind to support the development of new neural pathways.
- Explore the impact of music on emotion, motivation, and energy.
- Foster inner calm, peace, and enhanced focus.
- Engage in non-judgmental self-expression.
- Confront and challenge the inner critic.
- Access intuition and cultivate trust in it.
- Encourage playfulness and experimentation.
- Develop self-compassion and challenge negative thinking.
- Boost self-esteem and confidence.
Focus and Flourish is currently closed – it will run again in Spring 2024
Join the waitlist for the next cohort in late Spring 2024.